This content is also available in: English
About (Thai version)
PyCon Thailand is a community effort driven by the members of the Python Community in Bangkok and the entire organising team are all volunteers. PyCon thailand is run as a Non-profit event and any money made from ticket sales or sponsorship is put back into this or future events to grow the community.
PyCon Thailand sets itself apart from other many other developer events in Thailand by being both non-profit and by having an affordable ticket price. The event can be a professional conference that provides valuable training and networking to companies. Pycon Thailand also provides financial support to non-professinal Python community of Thailand.
- Python is an open source programming language.
- #1 learning language in USA universities
- #3 most popular developer language in the world
- Used by organisations such as Google, Wikipedia, CERN, NASA, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify.
- Popularly used for Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps, Scientific Research and Data Analytics.
- PyCon (US) One of the top developer conferences
- Established in 2003
- Official conference of the Python community.
- More than 50 regular PyCon events run globally.
- Hosted in 45 different countries.
- Supported and attended by the world’s top technology organisations.
- Key topics include Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Science, Robotics, Web Development, DevOps, Internet of Things, Gaming and Databases.
Pycon attracts people from all over the world. Pycon is one of the largest open source language developer conference in Thailand. In Pycon 2018, 83% attendees are from Thailand and 17% of the international attendees are well represented by South-east Asian countries. Many people traveled from the USA and all over Europe to attend too. This is because Thailand is also a well-known for it's good food, culture and climate. Attendees are entrepreneurs, developers, educators, engineers and young aspiring Python users. What they all have in common is a passion for the programming language, Python. They come to discover, meet people, learn stuff, have fun, and be inspired.
PyCon Thailand History
- 2019: will be bigger and better
- 2018: Sold out event for over 200 attendees. See Archive and last years talks on youtube.
- 2017: PyCon thailand team concieved and started organising
- 2015: ThaiPy bangkok monthly started